Saturday, April 2, 2011


These were taken yesterday in conjunction with the picture of Lake Michigan. While taking that picture, the city proper was too my back (west).

To the north, you see all the apartment complexes and condos that are outrageously expensive because they are "Lake Front." The further north you go, the nicer it gets. North and east along the lake is Rich People Land, while north and west towards UWM is hipsterville. Eventually, north and west turns into Shorewood, Bayshore, and Mequon where Homestead High School is. Mequon is the super nice city, were everyone is either a doctor, lawyer, or engineer and lives in these gorgeous looking houses that are skinny but very long and all have a large third floor room with the window at the front and a slopping ceiling due to the roof.


South of were I was standing, you see the more industrial pocket of Milwaukee, the part that, quite honestly, terrifies me. It extends up to were I live on 20th street, goes until about 35th street or so, and then the area gets nice again. The houses go from wood and pealing pain to brick and plaster and bright colors and front lawns.



In other news, not only is the former president of our school being accused of covering up sexual abuse in the parish he worked at before coming to Marquette, multiple members of the men's basketball team has been accused of sexual assault. Nice job guys.
We are Marquette?

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could explain to you guys why the city isn't really that scary, and could show it to you from the perspective of someone who grew up here- but then again I'm terrified of cornfields and there's no way anybody could convince me that they're *not* full of serial killers. My sleep deprived mind wanted to spell that phonetically as cereal. Haha. It's almost 5 am and you're asleep. And I'm Blogging. For You. Be happy.

    ReplyDelete