Monday, April 25, 2011

A different perspective on things.


Around 4:30pm, my future roommate Lindsey asked if I wanted to go on an adventure, and it was either that or sit in my apartment by myself and be mindnumbingly bored; so I went over to the other apartment. We coaxed Kiel to stop doing nothing upstairs and come play.
First, we drove to the River West, which is by UWM, and go figure, west of the river. We found a park to play at for a little bit, but then Lindsey got cold cause she is always cold and as much as it is APRIL FOR GODSSAKE AND SHOULD BE WARM, it is not, no matter how much we pretend. So Lindsey directed us to a cafe/bar (which is weird to me, and weird to them that it is weird to me) called Fuel, and we all got wonderfully delicious coffee drinks and all kind of picked at two sandwiches, talked about how Kiel ended up in Milwaukee from Purto Rico, and about how one of the sandwiches had this DELICIOUS soft cheese (guda?) and wouldn't it be wonderful if we lived in a place where we could eat cheese and french bread everyday. Like France, but without.. the French part.
Then we went bowling in this place that was actually a basement (but it wasn't weird because we were on the East Side and that is the trendy and hip part of town and there are lots of Fun Bars and coffee shops fucking everywhere and Boutiques full of Overpriced Crap.) that had a bowling ally (were we kept score by hand) an arcade, and three little (all separate from each other) bars. Lindsey cheated at bowling- not sure how, but every time her ball was headed for the gutter it would suddenly get MAD SPIN, and curve back into the middle of the lane. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The one time she did manage to get it in the gutter, it popped back out at the last second and gave her a spare.
Then we played arcade games for a little bit and ended up with 373 tickets, which gave us: A pack of friendship bracelets, 2 packs of fruit snacks + 1 pack of Swedish fish, a mini yo-yo that isn't very good, and a plastic flower ring. I now have very crappy blue jelly/plastic bracelet that I will probably leave on for a very long time because it means I HAVE FRIENDS IN MILWAUKEE. Not just Nichole, who is a singular friend, but other people who like me enough to make sure I'm not alone on Easter when Nichole goes home to Green Bay. (Even though Nichole did invite me to go with, I declined because her family is all SUPER CATHOLIC and I didn't feel like going to church every day of break.)

Playing on the swings at the park, feeling like a child, and like nothing matters.

Cheating Lindsey with her Cheating Hat.

Kiel

1 comment: