Monday, April 11, 2011

Sniff cough


This is how I plan on getting though the next few days of hell week:

Step 1) Admit that I have come down with a cold/the flu due to my dieting habits over the last three weeks. I have been getting adequate nutrition, in the form of vitamins and minerals, but I been restricting calories as a whole and working out obsessively enough that I've been in a negative Caloric balance every day but one since the 21st of March. Did forcing my body into working on converting fat stores into energy to make up the balance compromise my immune system? Yes. Do I look fucking great because of it? Yes. I've lost 2 centimeters off my waist, hips, and thighs. I have decreased the amount of fat on my body from 33.075 lbs to 29.1 lbs. while increasing muscle mass. Do I think I've probably been a bit extreme over the past three weeks and could tone it down a bit from here on out? Probably.
If you have seen Eddie Izzard talk about the creation of the world, and remember the part where he is saying, "And cabbages, public toilets in French camping sites, and Rowanda?, and grandparents, and trees, cats, bread pudding, and hats, things that go 'uuuuhhhgggg'" and on that last one he kind of does a kind of creeping/slimy hand motion. You know what I'm talking about? That's how my whole body feels. I would just like my boyfriend to be here to snuggle me till I fall asleep and make me soup.

Step 2) Buy Dayquil and Sprite. Or in my case, Walgreens Brand Cold Relief and 7up cause it's cheaper. You know how store brand things always say "Compare to -Expensive Brand- active ingredients." I did. Same drugs in the same amounts per capsule as Dayquil. Acetaminophen, Dexromethophan HBr, Phenylephrine HCl. It's exactly the same stuff, just HALF AS MUCH cause it's in a brown and white box instead of an orange one. And Acetaminophen? Yeah, that's straight up motherfucking Tylenol.

Step 3) Sleep as much as possible. I'm finding this harder than you would think. It's gotten about 50* in Milwaukee, which means it's about 80* in my apartment an 4000% humidity (This may or may not be a fever-induced exaggeration). And my brain is generally refusing to shut down and sleep. Asshole brain.

Step 4) Wash my sheets. As it was 80* out yesterday (glorious! I wore shorts :D ) I now have the uncontrollable urge to SPRING CLEAN ALL THE THINGS. I just got the image of myself hanging sheets on a line in my backyard to dry. Don't understand it, but there you go.

Step 5) Eat an orange. Eat some soup. Eat some rice. EAT ALL THE THINGS I WANT CAUSE MY BODY NEEDS MORE CALORIES THAN USUAL BECAUSE FIGHTING OFF ILLNESS IS WORK TOO.

Step 6) Rock all my tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment