Friday, September 17, 2010


Dear George Foreman,
Thank you for making such an awesome grill. Last night I made mini-hambergers. And, cause I'm just that cool, I mixed the ground beef with 16 different beans, rice, ground cumin, Italian seasoning, chopped onion, carrots, and celery. It was delicious AND nutritious!
Love, Michelle


For my nutrition class, we have to make a food log for three random days over the next month (random= better chance of seeing what's "normal"). My first day was last Wednesday, and so far, I'm fairly surprised at what MyPyramid.gov has to say.
My fruit intake is 125% of what it should be, and my calcium intake is 150%. This is not surprising (I eat an apple and yogurt every morning).
However, my vegetable intake is ONLY 37% of what it should be. THIRTY-FIVE PERCENT! This surprises me. I knew I wasn't getting enough, but I didn't think it was that bad.
Vitamins A, C, and E are low. My mom is sending me my multi-vitamin in my next care package (I bought it freshmen year and kept forgetting it at home) but until then I will just be eating lots of oranges. If they are on sale anyway. The last time I went to the store apples where $0.69 a pound- you can't not buy apples for that price!
My fiber is only 1 gram less than it should be, which I'm pretty proud of. Fiber is ususally hard to get enough of.

No comments:

Post a Comment