Sunday, March 6, 2011


I am tired of studying, it's all I've done for the past two days.
Normal Sinus Rhythm
Sinus Bradycardia
Sinus Tachycardia
Sinus Arrythmia
Sinus Arrest
Supraventricula Arrythmias
Premature Atrial Contraction
Supraventricular Tachycardia
Atrial Flutter
Atrial Fibrillation
Premature Junctional Rhythm
Junctional Escape Beat
Accelerated Junctional Rhythem
Premature Ventricular Contraction
Ventricular Escape Rhythm
Accelerated Ventricular Rhythm
Ventricular Tachycardia
Ventricular Fibrillation
Asystole
First Degree AV Block
Second Degree AV Block Type 1(Wenckeback)
Second Degree AV Block Type 2(Mobitz 2)
Third Degree AV Block
Wolff-Parkinson-White Pattern
Long QT Syndrome

Are all the things I need to know for my test on Tuesday. I need to know what they look like on an EKG, and how they differ from what a normal, healthy, regular heart beat would look. I need to know whether or not you should stress test someone with each condition, why you would stress test them, and which ones you pull out the chest paddles for.

In other news, I got a golf ball from Curtis, who is on the golf team here. Now I can roll it around under my foot while I sit here and study and try to break up the scar tissue in my feet that leads to plantar facitis. It feels good in a painful way, in a kind of "I know this will make my feet not hurt as back tomorrow morning," kind of way. But every time I roll over the clump of scar tissue and can HEAR it grating around in there, I kind of want to barf. I can do scar tissue massage on other people all day long (and enjoy it), listen to and feel the "junk" that is scar tissue cracking and grinding and breaking up under my fingers and elbows. But the second it is my own body; just gross.

In more other news, I'll be home in 5 days.

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say, this is really, really cool. I know a few of those just from being a tech and monitoring anesthesia and whatnot, but that is quite the list!!! And I'm a little bit jealous that you're learning this now, and I have to wait until my second year of vet school. But then I remember that it just means a shitton of studying, and then I'm less jealous. :)

    But good luck on this exam, I'm sure you'll do awesome. And I will see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete