Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2 days


Cabbage wraps. Seriously.
They have become my favorite lunch lately. They are fun and interactive and delicious and good for you too! All you have to do is boil a few cabbage leave for a few minutes, until they are soft and moldable. Throw whatever you want in there and ta-da! you get to feel like you are at a Chinese Restaurant!
Today, they had rice, broccoli, salsa, and cheese in them. Usually I put some sort of meat in there, usually after Taco Tuesday when I have leftovers, but this week I'm trying to clean out all the leftovers in my fridge before I go home, not create more. I still have half a cabbage to eat, because I know that will not keep much longer... looks like I'll be eating lots of salad for the next two days.
It's always a delicate balance the week before I go home. My grocery shopping usually includes enough fruit and veggies to last through the week and nothing else. So far, I've been really good of cleaning out everything perishable without running out of food. If all else fails though, there is emergency soup in my cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment