Monday, January 31, 2011

pressure front

There has been a Winter Weather Alert on Milwaukee since Monday afternoon, and it goes until tomorrow afternoon. There is a Blizzard Warning with Lake Effect Snow in effect until Wednesday afternoon. It is predicted we will end up with anywhere from 20 to 28 inches of snow over the next three days, which will cause snow drifts anywhere from 4 to 10 feet. This picture was taken as I left for class at 12:45, from the 3rd story landing of my apartment building, out the front window. Usually, I can see all the way down to the lake, which is two miles away. Today, you can very faintly make out the Shroeder/Cramer Complex of Health Sciences, which is four blocks away.
In physics, my professor said that LECTURE WILL BE CANCELED on Wednesday if the Blizzard Alert is still in place, regardless of whether or not Marquette calls a snow day.

This is what it looked like coming out of the athletic training room today at 4pm on my way to Medical Ethics. (PS. My professors likes to watch documentaries on STRING THEORY. I.Want.To.Be.His.Best.Friend.)
Milwaukee, your "blizzard" does not impress me.
You have let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment