Friday, January 28, 2011

So if you attach a carrot with a potato pealer, you get very thin strips of carrot that can be used like lettuce in a BBQ chicken, rice, lentil, and salsa salad.

Yesterday, one of the soccer boys threw a roll of pre-wrap at me.
While he was riding the exercise bike.
While he was talking to another soccer player.
While I was explaining an exercise to someone.
While we were on opposite ends of the athletic training room.
While there were people walking in between us.
AND I CAUGHT IT.
Underhand.
Down by my right knee.
Without looking.
I was pretty damn impressed with myself, let me tell you. One of the other soccer guys who say it was all, "Damn. That was pretty cool." So I told him not to swear in the training room, but thank you for the complement.

I'm going to IOWA today for a two-day track meet. Granted, the 5 hour bus ride there, and back, is going to suck, but when I tell a future employer that I have traveled with the Track Team, and not only that, but OVERNIGHT and as an UNDERGRAD, he or she will be impressed.
Plus, I like watching track, and unless someone falls off the pole vault, I don't to worry too much about any traumatic injuries. The most the track people ever ask for is for a band-aid or to roll out their calves (see: pain and torture) after they run. Easy. As. Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment