Sunday, October 10, 2010

pictures!!

This is my friend Lita, who I've told you about before. Yesterday I got all dressed up and we went to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's campus to take lots and lots of pictures. In the background, you can see a FOUNTAIN they have on campus.
This picture does her no justice by the way. I just randomly take awkward pictures while people are moving and talking.

UWM is slightly outside of Downtown Milwaukee. I think is Marquette's campus was in this kind of neighborhood I would like it here more. I hate being in the city, I miss grass and trees. Plus, all the houses here were built before the concept of subdivisions, they all look completely different and I love it!

Speaking of trees.
There's this little patch of trees called the Downer Woods (Forest?) that's on the edge of UWM by one of their dorm buildings and their Rec Center. It was so fun to walk though and pretend we were miles away from anything, when in fact, it's probably like a 1/4 loop through the trees.


And here are some of my favorites of the pictures Lita took. I think there were almost 300 of them!
Does anyone other then me think they look different then they actually do? Then get a surprise when they look in the mirror or see themselves in a picture? I always forget what I look like. I don't want to sound egotistical, but I think I look downright beautiful in these pictures - is that what I always look like? It can't be.



Cha! Playing on some weird sloppy part of a building. I felt really acrobatic and cool.
This one just makes my legs look really super fucking long.



And last, for everyone who says I look like Hermione. Fine. Ok. I do.

2 comments:

  1. I have the opposite problem! I think I look better than I do, and then I see myself in pictures and I'm like, "I'VE BEEN WALKING AROUND LIKE THAT THIS WHOLE TIME AND NOBODY TOLD ME?" I'm the same way about my body -- I don't think I look as heavy as I do, so I'm always disappointed when I see myself in pictures and I look so much larger than in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Christa-I always think ok, I look not so bad today and then I see a picture of myself and I'm like dear god! WTF is that?! And why didn't anyone say hey, Jill, you look like a moron today?!

    Yes, you look very pretty in these pictures! My favorite one I saw on Facebook, you're in your black shirt, not looking at the camera and she caught you laughing. That, to me, totally shows your personality and I love it!

    ReplyDelete