Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day Ten


Technically I'm 21 minutes posting this. Jill, I'm pretty sure you are the only person possibly reading this, and I assume you don't care anyway.

Tonight we went bowling. Both games I came from behind in the last two games to achieve stellar victory.

As today was 9/11 there were protests standing on the intersection of 16th St. and Wisconsin Ave. shouting to all of us catholic school kids that the attack was planned. They also were handing out their organization's newspaper, which I took for the crossword puzzle. One of the front page headlines was about how Mammograms are causing more harm than good. Apparently it's bad that more cases of breast-cancer are being found, because some of them are misdiagnosed, and those poor women waste a whole day of their lives undergoing blood work.
Bummer right? Especially for all the women who DO have breast cancer and find out due to getting a mammogram.

No comments:

Post a Comment