Sunday, November 28, 2010


Thanksgiving is over, so you know what that means?
Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas album.
On repeat in my apartment.
For the next three weeks.
Alright.

They have two versions of God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen on the CD, one right after the other, and it's BEAUTIFUL. The first is predominantly a light, airy piccolo; and the second is a synthesized, trumpeting, drumming loud thing.
I don't think I've ever heard a version of that song I don't like. Barenaked Ladies has a particularly wonderful version of it, which happens to be the only holiday I find acceptable to be played before Thanksgiving, it's that good.

I should have done more homework over break. I should have done A LOT more homework over break actually. I should do it now... But disk 4 of season 3 of Dexter was waiting in my mailbox for me.

Silent Night is another one of those songs I will always like almost any version of.
But I only like Christmas music without words, only instrumentals.

No comments:

Post a Comment