Thursday, March 25, 2010

hmmmmchaitea:)


Today was my first day of men's soccer practice, and I get the feeling I'm REALLY going to enjoy it while I work with them for the rest of the semester and next year. I think I probably did more actual treatments in the four hours that I was there today, than I did for the 7 months I was with Women's basketball.
The Valley Field House (where the track and soccer fields are) is slightly off campus, and is in a low spot compared to the rest of campus (hence, why we call it The Valley). It is a very nice complex, with terf instead of grass, and a very nice track. However, because of how the city of Milwaukee is set up, it gets very very windy here, and because of where the valley is, there is constant blow-a-small-child-away force winds, which drop the temperature between 15 and 20 degrees. I was fine all of today walking to class in a sweatshirt. At practice I was wearing my sweatshirt, "cold gear," which is a winter coat with MU SPORTS MEDICINE on it, and Katie's gloves. I was freezing unless we were standing right next to the building cause it was blocking the wind. It was exhausting too. It's only 8:12pm and I'm ready to crawl into bed and go to sleep!
But I'm still REALLY REALLY EXCITED for soccer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment