Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3 years

I hold these cookies in very high esteem. Over three years ago, I bought some after I got off work, Drew mentioned he liked them also, so I planned on giving him a package, but I forgot. So I went back to Smiths at like 11 o'clock at night with a package and the words "From: Me To:You" on it. IT'S CAUSE I THOUGHT HE WAS CUTE!
A while later, after I had quit Smiths and was working at Alta Canyon, we went on our first date. Five days later, Drew came to see me at work, bringing with him a rose and a box of Koala's March cookies.
The exchange remained common as we started dating until they were pulled off the shelves in September of 2008 due to the fear of being contaminated with Melamine. Thank you China, for screwing up and taking away our cookies. You get the Juan Diego Giant Cardboard Square Frowny Face Of The Day.

This is the second anniversary we have not been able to spend together. Three more apart to go, one together during my final internship at home, and then we will be celebrating our anniversary on a new date. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh and also, San Francisco...? LOADED with Koala cookies...a different kind, though.

    ReplyDelete