Monday, February 28, 2011

Leggings


I would like to clarify that I do not believe that leggings that have the same material composition as pantyhose, that clearly show one's underwear, should every be attempted to be worn as pants. Just don't do it. No on wants to see your thong because you are walking around in a pair of tights that are a size too small.
They should never be worn in the place of pants when paired with Ugg boots and a Northface jacket. Ever.
I believe that leggings have their place. To be worn by almost all people under miniskirts at all times, and under regular above-the-knee skirts when in most polite company. They should be worn under one of those long shirt/dress things with some knee high boots because that looks adorable on just about everyone. If they are made out of a spandex type material, some individuals may wear them under a long shirt, even if that shirt does not fully cover the bum, but at least falls below the belt line on the waist.
Running tights are a wonderful substitute for leggings, especially if you are attempting to wear them as pants. Wearing running tights as the clothing garment on the lower half of your body, even when paired with a t-shirt or athletic top that does not fall below the belt line is acceptable in the following instances: if you are actively running, if you are going to the gym, if you are at the gym, if you are returning home from the gym. Running tights should not be worn as pants with a regular t-shirt in everyday life.

Having said all that, I just ran down to the lake and back, which is ~4 miles. This is a test on my knees, to see how well they have healed due to my extreme lack of running over the past year.
While I would never wear leggings as pants in everyday life, today I feel really super good about my body, and feel as though I COULD.
So here's another picture of my tush. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment