Thursday, December 9, 2010


It's snowing again. Ahh.... fuck.
All of a sudden on December 1st, it decided it should be winter here. Which just means it's cold, cold, and more cold. Today it feels like 13*F outside. Which, considering my freshmen year, when we had windchills in the -20's regularly, is not THAT cold. But my winter boots finally died last year, so I've been trekking around in my running shoes. (which I don't even feel bad about cause I don't do that much running these days, and I'm getting new running shoes in a week when I go home). The problem with running shoes is that they are designed for you to run in, for your feet to sweat in, and for your feet to be able to BREATH in. Their meshy outside is not doing much to keep my toes warm right now. I could wear my rain boots and just wear warm socks to get the same effect, oh but wait, there is a hole in the back of one and so snow and salt and cold can get in away. Then I have wet socks and little salt rocks are poking my feet with every step.
The logical thing to do would be to just go get some new boots. But that would involve getting to a store, which I cannot do without a car, and I really don't have time to spend 40 minutes both ways to the mall to spend money I don't have. Plus, my mom has already gotten me new boots for Christmas, which I'm sure I wont like and will end up exchanging or returning anyway, but the point is I wont have to pay for them.

AND THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS THAT IN ONE WEEK MY PLANE WILL HAVE JUST LEFT THE GROUND.

Last night I had a dream I was flying home and got routed through an airport on some island somewhere that was SO SMALL that the only other thing on the island was a hotel. All flights to and from the island were connecting flights, so you could leave the airport and wander around and come back and not have to go threw security again.
Cause, you know, I have dreams about normal things like that.

Also! I finally got my football rotation! I'll be at Homestead High School with my good friend Nichole, and we will be working under a girl named Molly, who graduated from the Marquette AT program last year. I'm really excited!
The only problem is that Homestead is actually kind of far away. Like an hour on the bus both ways kind of far away. I checked google maps when I got the email, and I'm supposed to take the #12 bus forever, then EITHER DRIVE OR TAKE A TAXI (thanks google maps) to the school. Umm... if I had the ability to drive after getting off the bus, I would not have to take the bus in the first place! Next fall this wont be an issue, because Nichole has a car, and I will just ride with her on the days we go. However, next spring, Nichole will be going to Homestead before Spring Break and I will be going after. How am I going to get there? I don't know.
On Sunday I'm going down to UWM because apparently they are having a bike-swap-sale-something-that-Chris-my-advisor-and-Ther.EX-teacher-mentioned-in-class-today. So maybe I'll be getting a cheap old retro bike, which would be nice, but I don't know where I would put it in my apartment. They do have secure bike storage in the Parking Structures. I'm sure it's outrageously expensive to get though.
I dunno. I'll be an adult and figure something out I guess.

Now for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment