Friday, December 10, 2010

6 days.


This is a REAL LIVE PINE TREE sitting in the foyer of the library. It smells wonderful and makes me happy.

Today I woke up to my alarm (obviously) which is set to the radio, to hear "There's a stand-off between police and a man in a stolen SUV on about 19th and Cylborn near the Marquette Interchange." Usually I have the radio on long enough to figure out if they are playing music or talking, then turn it off and wonder why no stations actually play songs in the morning. But this morning the words "19th and Cylborn" and "Marquette" caught my ear. For you see, that is one whole block from my apartment, although thankfully not on the route I take to class in the morning. However, the thought did cross my mind to email my religion teacher, and tell him I wont be in class to hand in my term paper because I am afraid of BEING HIT BY A STRAY BULLET FROM THE POLICE STAND OFF THAT IS OUTSIDE MY HOUSE.
I've met people from other parts of Wisconsin who describe Milwaukee as "The biggest Shit-Hole there is," and personally I think that they are correct about that one.

But I went to class, and now I am done with religion (save for my final) FOREVER. Most ironically, I got the crazy urge to go to church today while in the cafe in Straz Hall, drinking my friday coffee (I'm only allowed coffee on Friday when it's only a dollar) and researching Residency cites.
Looks like I'm either going to be in/within two hours of Los Angeles, in Portland, in Seattle, or in bum-fuck nowhere Oregon/Colorado.
I really shouldn't be worried about my residency yet, I don't have to apply for another 3 years or so. I should probably be thinking about where I really want to go for my internships, which are still just under two years away. I wonder if my DPT classmates are also this neurotic about these things. I know some of them have to be. Right?

In a week: Date Night at Temple Square!

I think I might be starting to panic over my finals next week. I think it might just be all the caffeine I've had today, which is about 5x as much as usual.
I've also been a vegetarian for the past two days because I'm trying to make sure I don't accumulate leftovers that will still be around next week when it's time for me to go home.... I'm also just being really lazy and eating lots of beans/rice and Mac n' Cheese. There's no way I could ever be a real vegetarian, not having meat is really lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment