Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy monday

I'm on my way to work at 6:25am and it is snowing. It wasn't actually this dark outside, it was really more gray than black.

Driving home from Wausau yesterday I realized that the whole state of Wisconsin is just as sad as Milwaukee is. It may look nice in the summer, because there are lots of trees and farms; but right now everything is dead and gray. I think if I actually had to live here, like as a real life adult I would become clinically depressed. I had thought maybe seeing the parts of the state that are not campus or downtown Milwaukee would change my opinions of this place, but it's just as bad everywhere.
Winter in Utah is beautiful compared to this. Oh, wait, winter in Utah is beautiful no matter what. I miss mountains.

Also, people should stop asking me what I'm doing with Drew for Valentine's Day. My plans include calling him after work and saying "Sorry I'm so far away." This will be our third together, we have yet to spend it with each other, and we won't be spending it together for another 4 years.
Talk about delayed gratification.
But love is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment