Wednesday, December 9, 2009

shapes

Today I woke up and you could still see the grass under a very thin dusting of snow. I was confused, as we had been promised 14 inches, and where I am from, 14 inches means you can't see the grass or anything a foot above it. Marquette decided to go ahead and cancel any classes after 5:30pm, which was no help to me.

These are my feet. They are pretty uninteresting, but there is your picture for the day. And yes, I AM wearing Halloween socks, they were the first ones I grabbed from my drawer that would not fall down and scrunch up at my toes when I wear boots.

The angle between the top arch on the side of your pelvis (think hands on your hips - that bone) and straight up and down is called the Q-angle. Due to women having wide pelvises in order to give birth, the Q-angle causes a natural strain on the inside of the knees, where they bow in due to the angle. This is especially apparent in 13 and 14 year old girls who are starting to go through puberty but do not have any of the accompanying leg muscle mass or strength.

The normal Q-angle for a woman is 15 - 25 degrees.

*MY* Q-angle, measured in class the other week, is about 9 degrees. I've always had particularly broad, boyish shoulders and had an easy time gaining muscle definition, but I didn't realize just how boyishly I really am built.
I am now quite worried about having children, because between the two of us, Drew and I are not going to have small babies. :/

I'll be home in 10 days. Not soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment