Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One week

It's not that I don't want to go back to school.
I like my classes, my classmates, my professors, my teams, and I love my major. I am SO EXCITED to be working with the men's soccer team next year. Lauren Boyler is going to teach us so much! Not only about how to treat an injury, but how to really be passionate about Athletic Training and how to become the person your athletes turn to first about medical advice (and regular advice).
I think (and hope!!) that working at Hand and Ortho this summer has helped me come out of my shell a bit. Next semester I'm going to really work on not being shy. It's pretty impossible to be quiet with men's soccer though, so that should help too.

It's not that I don't want to go to Milwaukee.
I mean, it's not my favorite place, but it's slowly becoming tolerable. I've accepted it is something I shouldn't waste my time worrying or stressing about. Marquette is in Milwaukee, and therefore I have to be there, like it or not. So I might as well try to enjoy what I can of it.
I'm very much looking forward to having my own place, decorating (or not decorating it) how I want, and not having a roommate. I'm looking forward to The Adventure Of Cooking, and putting up pictures of what delicious things I come up with (and any disasters).

I just don't want to leave.

1 comment:

  1. I know you don't want to leave, it'd be kind of weird if you did!! But really try to take this time and experience all of it. Right now it seems like time is dragging you, but I promise you all of a sudden 5 years will go by and you'll be like wtf?! Where'd it go? There's so many things I wish I'd done differently with school-like REALLY experiencing the college experience so try to focus on it while you're in it. The future will come soon enough. And I can't wait to hear the cooking disasters! ;) That's what makes you learn how to cook!

    ReplyDelete