Saturday, August 28, 2010

Better than Christmas?

My momma sent me a package! As you can see, it is full of very useful things, like spices and honey and a cookbook. My mom was very adamant that I would be making cookies all the time while I was here though. I don't know why. I don't want to be tempted by having a bunch of cookies sitting around my apartment all the time. She sent me cookie mix anyway. But I'm kind of excited to make them.

I've started watching Dexter, except I have to go to the library or the Student Union to do so, because the Marquette Wi-fi is so much faster than the internet in my building. I don't mind this though, the library has The Most Comfortable Chairs Known To Man in it.

I do mind, however, that my pilot light for the left burners on my stove keeps going out. I know it's because the window in the kitchen is kept open, and a breeze occasionally comes in. I know how to fix this problem when it occurs. It's just a slight irritation.

I just finished The Girl Who Played With Fire, which is the sequal to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Both were very good books, and I highly recommend them. I'll have to see if the bookstore has the last book in the trilogy, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest when I go into work today. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do until I can find time to walk down to Boarders. Probably go crazy worrying about these fictional characters I've come to care about.
I know good books are supposed to draw the reader into the story, but sometimes I worry I get drawn in too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment