Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Since I am no longer in high school, I no longer have the opportunity to take a weights class every other day.
Therefore, I am not lifting weights as often as I used to, or working out for an hour and a half close to everyday (counting sports AH SPORTS! ...sorry, I will explain tomorrow).
Therefore, I have no one to make me do squats and make sure my legs stay super strong.
Therefore, I stopped doing squats, cause I hate them.
Therefore, my legs have gotten much weaker, especially my VMO (vastus medialus oblique).
Therefore, my VMO is not firing as effectively when I bend my knee.
Therefore, my vastus lateralus is pulling on my patella with more force.
Therefore, my patella is not tracking on my femur correctly.
Therefore, the articular cartilage on the lateral posterior side of my patella is rubbing on the cartilage of my femur.
Therefore, I am getting chondromilacia of my patella, which is agitating a plica I have.
Therefore, my knee is starting to catch when it goes through the last 10 degrees of flexion on the way to being fully extended.


Or, if you don't speak anatomy: My knee hurts. :(


However, I am working on strengthening my quads again, so hopefully that will get everything back in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment