Sunday, April 1, 2012

PT Bar Crawl

So what happens when you get approximately 150 Physical Therapy Graduate Students together and provide booze? Students that are all stressed out beyond belief and are being told daily to STOP FREAKOUT OUT and that all the meetings we are setting up with our professors are starting to prevent them from doing work?
Mass chaos mostly.
The nerdy kind.
Where no one can dance and we make anatomically correct references about said bad dancing and comment on how we all should have put on gait belts before we left.


On the way from bar #1 to bar #2. Everything is going well at this point and we are still trying to take nice pictures. During this time, there were jello shots on the bus and we started chanting "I. I believe. I believe that we. I believe that we will drink. I believe that we will drink! I believe that we will drink!" Cause that we what people cheer at the basketball games. Except it's "win" and not "drink." Close enough.
Actually. That's a lie, there's wine on my shirt. So this happened much later in the night but apparently Mandy and I are good at pretending to be sober.
Ah whatever. Let's just continue.


Then they pulled out the boxed wine, and Mandy (from the first picture) and I got REAL EXCITED, cause we are classy-type ladies. Except drinking from a bag on a moving bus when someone else is controlling how much wine pours into your mouth is hard.


And you end up covered in wine. Sticky, but you smell good all night.


Also there was a bottle of strawberry vodka being passed around. I don't remember what I was saying to Lisa at that moment in time, probably something about how awesome it was that both she and I were getting drunk as a skunk on the bus and not actually spending money.
Or we can pretend I'm impersonating a T-Rex.

The line to get into the 3rd bar was taking forever so this fine group of people and I went over to Applebee's. Mostly because we wanted to use the bathroom there instead of waiting in line at Rusty's Old, and thus had to pretend we wanted drinks. Except then Long Island Iced Teas were only $1.99 and Margaritas were only $2.99 (and I love me a margarita) so we ended up staying at Applebee's for a good half hour.
It was at Rusty's Old that I half climbed/half got pulled into the bar through a window. This may or may not have been the point in the night were I ended up with the giant mystery bruise on my shin.
It's ok though. Cause I'm in COLLEGE.


Lisa kept trying to be all *cute* and *take nice pictures* and we were all "NO! WE HAVE NO NICE THINGS HERE!!"

The camera belongs to the bleached-blond girl in front, so I really have no idea who took this picture.


The moral of the story is that I actually go out and do things this year. I don't hate Milwaukee anymore and I really truly love my class and love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment